Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
You will never have this day with your children again. Tomorrow, they'll be a little older than they were today. This day is a gift. Breath and notice. Smell and touch them. Study their faces and little feet and pay attention. Enjoy today mamma, it will be over before you know it.

Monday, July 5, 2010

from the book of babes...

There are always things in life one could worry about. Being a Mom seems to triple, no quadruple, that number of things. That is definitely something I am working on day by day- with a little help from reassuring family and friends and also through prayer- probably the most effective way to work on something. Since this "no worry" thing has been top of mind lately, I got kind of tickled when I looked up a children's book online  that I wanted to purchase for  Cohen, and I read this excerpt:


WHATIF

Last night, while I lay thinking here,
Some Whatifs crawled inside my ear
And pranced and partied all night long
And sang their same old Whatif song:
Whatif I'm dumb in school?
Whatif they've closed the swimming pool?
Whatif I get beat up?
Whatif there's poison in my cup?
Whatif I start to cry?
Whatif I get sick and die?
Whatif I flunk the test?
Whatif green hair grows on my chest?
Whatif nobody likes me?
Whatif lightning strikes me?
Whatif I don't grow taller?
Whatif my head starts getting smaller?
Whatif I tear my pants?
Whatif I never learn to dance?

Everything seems swell, and then
The nighttime Whatifs strike again!!
- Shel Silverstein



A good reminder that LOTS of our Whatifs sound just as bizarre or unreasonable when we finally say them out loud!


Here are some recent pics! Hope everybody had a Happy Fourth!!!


This is what happens when we try tummy time!


Nothin' like an afternoon nap on mommy!


Cutie pa tootsie!!


Full tummy + Comfortable pillow= sleeping baby!


First time in my bumbo! I may be a little small for it just yet...


Ready for my first Fourth of July at the Reservoir! 


Cohen has discovered that he has a tongue! He kept sticking it in and out all afternoon!


Ain't he purdy
This is my favorite little outfit! Gotta love the Popsicles!


OOH stink face!


Takin' it all in


Nana, Papa G, and Cohen at the camper!


Is there anything better than a Smith Co. watermelon on the 4th?

Happy Summer!



2 comments:

  1. Cute picture of you and Cohen ready to go to the Rez!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Leslie! Cohen is precious! I know ya'll are enjoying him so much! I have a blog as well! www.jbpwilliams.blogspot.com! I'm behind on updating but i hope to soon! Parker keeps me very busy now that he is walking everywhere!

    ReplyDelete