Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
You will never have this day with your children again. Tomorrow, they'll be a little older than they were today. This day is a gift. Breath and notice. Smell and touch them. Study their faces and little feet and pay attention. Enjoy today mamma, it will be over before you know it.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Rolling Baby Gathers No Moss

HE DID IT!

July 29th was a big day in the O'Neal house. Cohen finally decided to roll over! He has had good head and neck control for a long time and has been "pushing up" (off of mommy's chest of course!) and rolling onto his side for a while as well- I was just waiting for him to put it all together. I'm SO glad I got to see it!  

I'm sure when Tyler comes home from work his response will be "make him do it again"- so you can probably guess how this is gonna go- lots of cheering from mom and dad,  a lot of noise from Cohen, but no dice. Isn't that how it goes when you catch something for the first time and you swear they did it? Luckily I have my handy flip camera to catch all the action! I'm sure he will do it again while the Hubs is watching-and it will be just as fun the second time!

I think that teething will be his next "trick"- that one will prove to be slightly less fun for all parties involved. Can't believe I'm already talking about this- this kid was JUST born, right??!!

Along these same lines- here are a few things I never thought I would cheer for:
- A poopy diaper
- Bath time (for Cohen)
- A shower (for me)
- A "good" burp
- "Sleeping in" until 8 am.
- Eating dinner simultaneously with the Hubs
- Watching my kid be uninterested while laying next to another kid, while they are laying uninterested right back (who cares if they aren't into it, its so adorable!!)
- Almost catching a smile on camera (I HATE long camera delays!)
- CAFFEINE!!!

Note: This took at least four attempts on camera for me to decide which one to use. There was a lot of spitting up involved in most of them! Maybe it is not such a good idea to do tummy time directly after a feeding:(



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! for Cohen!! Such a bog boy!! They are growing up way too fast. I can't wait to see Cooper roll over. I am going to be so mad if he does it the first time at my mom's house. Glad you got to see before he starts daycare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate to that shower comment. By the time I could actually go take a shower, I'm too pooped out and my e-mail and sitting on the couch win out. That's just sad.

    How is work going?

    ReplyDelete