Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
You will never have this day with your children again. Tomorrow, they'll be a little older than they were today. This day is a gift. Breath and notice. Smell and touch them. Study their faces and little feet and pay attention. Enjoy today mamma, it will be over before you know it.

Monday, January 17, 2011

I just want you to know....

Cohen, 
I'm not trying to go all "Kate Gosslin" on you, but there are some things I just want to make sure you know so that when you are older and you think that my ONLY purpose on this earth is to ruin your life and be totally uncool, maybe Ill stand a fighting chance. I cant remember if Ive actually written this down before, or if it has just swirled around in my head, so just in case...

1)It is NEVER easy for me to see/listen to you be upset. Even though right now you are fussing in your bed at  night and you are angry at the whole situation, you are SO tired and its in your best interest to get some sleep. If I stay up there with you, you will squirm and play until you have missed your sleep time altogether and are miserable the next  day. You might even thank me one day when you have the ability to fall asleep anywhere, and easily. I thought after 8 months of hearing you, that listening to fussing would get easier, but it hasn't. Please know that sometimes I have to let you go through some things to learn how to deal with them on your own. That ability will serve you well later in life.

2)You will NEVER be able to use the lamp cord as a toy. You will not win on this. It is 100% for your safety and has nothing to do with wanting to take away the "fun". Please remember this when you are older and I am keeping certain other "toys" away. No, if I can help it, you will never be able to play with cigarettes, drugs, fast cars, fast women, or fast friends. And the reason why is as simple as a lamp cord.

3)I love to see you explore your world, but I have boundaries set for a reason. Remember this at 16, please.

4)When you smile at me or call out for "mama", my heart melts a little. Every.Single.Time.

5)Parents aren't perfect, and disciplining is not easy. Your Daddy and I wont always get it right the first time. We try our best to study up on different ways to approach the subject, we ask for insight from friends we trust, we try to take your little personality into account, and then we cross our fingers and hope we get it right.

So, if you want to make all of this really easy, you can just be perfect.

But then we would have to change your name....



Little stinker!


He could play in the window all day!

I could not resist! Look at that potbelly of a profile!

You can't tell but he was jumping on the bed!



No comments:

Post a Comment