Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
You will never have this day with your children again. Tomorrow, they'll be a little older than they were today. This day is a gift. Breath and notice. Smell and touch them. Study their faces and little feet and pay attention. Enjoy today mamma, it will be over before you know it.

Monday, January 17, 2011

The Sweetest Thing

I have had a couple of really sweet mommy moments lately that I need to record now, because at the rate my child is growing, he will be heading off to college next month and I will hardly be able to remember his baby days. 

First, am I the only one guilty of scheduling my child into my day? I feel like more often than I would like to admit, my day goes something like this...

"Wake up for work, chunk cutie into the car and take him to the sitters, then after work return home and give Cohen his afternoon snack , then keep him from playing with the remote while I eat a snack myself and catch up on my shows, then Ill corral him into the kitchen while I run a load of laundry and put away last nights dishes, then Ill give him some toys to play with while I put some comfy clothes on, pick up the house a little but, ok- change his diaper, try to get him down for another nap so I can work on ______ (insert bills, floors, or bathrooms here... geez Cinderella)..."

Sometimes I feel I can get so hung up on getting things accomplished that I don't take as much time as I should to really enjoy getting to know this little person I am in charge of. 

But a few days ago, Cohen had tubes put in and  he was a extremely fussy afterwards (I mean screaming so loudly that we could here him as we exited the waiting room to go back and see him!) So,  I went back in with the intention of putting his bottle in his mouth and then getting him to fall asleep. But I walked in and there he sat. In the nurses arms,  hand stretched out, big ol tears running down his face, just looking sort of pitiful and I thought this might take a while to get him to calm down. I walked him back and forth on my hip for what felt like an eternity all the while listening to him scream in my ear. I tried to pass him off to his daddy but that was a no go. Finally, he took his juice and let me begin to rock him. As I sat down in the chair he laid his little head on my shoulder.

Precious. I sat and held my little, but now, not so little, baby and just rocked him for at least  an hour. I thought of nothing that needed to be done at home or things that I needed to do for the rest of the day during that time, but I didn't care. It was perfect :)

Then today, not but three days later, I scooped the little guy up in the middle of his nap when he woke up screaming for some unknown reason, and as I rocked him, one of his little hands held on to the neck of my t-shirt and the other one just rubbed my back until he fell asleep again. 

Dreamy. :)


These pictures have absolutely nothing with the above post, but I would like to point out that I think we have our own Handy Manny!
Helping daddy fix the door!

Of course he wanted to be a little more hands on!

He likes to help with the laundry!

Putting the books on the shelf! And, then takes them off!

He likes to play with the grocery bags, after I have done all the work of course!

He even takes the dishes out of the dishwasher. He got exactly what he wanted out of there!

1 comment:

  1. These pictures soooo remind me of Hughes at this age! Cherish EVERY moment! ...The little boys only get MORE...curious:) And some good news...Hughes STILL ask to be rocked! So, many more sweet rocking moments to come! :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete