Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
You will never have this day with your children again. Tomorrow, they'll be a little older than they were today. This day is a gift. Breath and notice. Smell and touch them. Study their faces and little feet and pay attention. Enjoy today mamma, it will be over before you know it.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

OH HAPPY DAY!






Cohen, you are one year old today sweet one!


On this morning at 6:31 am a year ago, Mama prayed. I thanked God for you and for your life. I have no idea what Daddy and I did to merit being parents to such a blessing. I honestly had no clue what was in store for us as we waited in the hospital room on April 24, 2010. What a time I had getting you here, but you were worth every second of that physical trial. I'm having a hard time even writing this because I have so much I want to say! I think this would be a good time for me to do Mama's favorite thing... make a list! 

Here are just a few of my favorite things about you: 
- You have never met a stranger. We literally make friends everywhere we go! You are as people-oriented a child as Mama could have ever hoped for and that suits our lifestyle just fine! 

- You have about the best smile I have ever seen. I'm probably a little bit biased... but just a little. I have seen you smile at complete strangers and their faces instantly light up- it is so sweet to see people respond to you in that way. 

- You laugh a lot!! You started laughing VERY early and haven't slowed down since. This is genetic- you get it from both sides, and though it will probably get you in trouble in class one day, I consider it a blessing.

- You were very active in Mama's tummy and that hasn't changed one bit. Though sometimes I think it would be easier if you didn't hit physical milestones a little early, I'm very thankful that you keep me on my toes. Makes life fun, even if every where we go people comment that I "certainly have my hands full"! 

- You seem very determined. This will prove to be interesting as Daddy and I are attempting to guide and discipline you, but I think this is a wonderful trait to have!

- For the most part, I would say you have been an amazing child to have stick to a routine, and you are a really good sleeper! We are abundantly thankful for both of these things! 

- You love to eat and to try new foods! Some of the best laughs Daddy and I have had, have been feeding you something new for the first time and watching your little face in response. 

- You LOVE to read! Some of the sweetest times I have had with you have been cuddled up in the rocking chair  reading stories to you (sometimes over and over!). Some of your favorites are : Panda Bear Panda Bear, The Belly Button Book, Quack, Jesus Loves Me Book, Elmo,  and ANY touch and feel book that you can get your hands on. There are so many more but those top the charts with you. 

Now for some milestones:
- You now have at least 10 teeth! 
- You weigh about 25 pounds.
- You are walking and sometimes running now! (Gulp) 
- You are eating 90% "grown up" food and only 10% of the Gerber stuff. 
- You only take a bottle at night and use your sippee the rest of the time. 
- You say Mama and Dada all the time- much to our delight! You can also say Oscar now but it sounds more like "Odder"....adorable!
-You can now reach the door knobs and it is only a matter of time before you figure out how to open them!
I could think of about 100 more things, but you are ready for me to come and play! I'll post some pictures of your first birthday party soon...mommy is a little tired from such a busy weekend!

We love you more than all the stars, big guy!!!




2 comments:

  1. Can't believe Cohen is already ONE YEAR OLD! So ready to see the pictures of the birthday party!

    ReplyDelete