Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
You will never have this day with your children again. Tomorrow, they'll be a little older than they were today. This day is a gift. Breath and notice. Smell and touch them. Study their faces and little feet and pay attention. Enjoy today mamma, it will be over before you know it.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Water for life

Every morning on my way to work I listen to KLOVE. 

Every morning.

I can't get the day off to a good start without it. 
It's my personal time with God.

This is when I do my "talks" with him.

Even though he does not verbally respond....I know he hears me.

Anyway, a few weeks ago the radio station was asking its listeners to donate water filters to families in Africa through a company called Compassion.

For $50 you can make sure that a family has clean drinking water for a year....a year!!!

This really struck a nerve in me.

I normally don't get involved with outside fundraisers other than my own church, but I felt like I had to help in some way.

What if it were me in that situation?? No clean water to drink?? No clean water for my family to drink??

Sometimes I complain so much about petty things. If I go too long without eating ( I am talking 2 or 3 hours tops), I consider myself STARVING!! 

Get a grip! These families go days without food or water!! Who am I to complain?? I have everything I need and more!!

So I felt like I should take what God has blessed me with to help someone else.

I will never know what family received the filter that I purchased...but I know this...

the name on the "from" section on the box was not The O'Neal's...

it was purchased in Jesus' name.

And that's all they need to know:)


If you are interested in donating, click on the link below.

You won't be sorry to did:)


I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink...Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me. - Matthew 25:35, 40




No comments:

Post a Comment