Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
You will never have this day with your children again. Tomorrow, they'll be a little older than they were today. This day is a gift. Breath and notice. Smell and touch them. Study their faces and little feet and pay attention. Enjoy today mamma, it will be over before you know it.

Monday, December 5, 2011

Deck the Halls!

Is it just me or is putting up the tree somewhat a hassle?

I mean, don't get me wrong. I LOVE this time of year and all that it entails.

I love Christmas lights, Christmas music, watching Christmas movies. I even love buying Christmas decorations for my home.

But the problem I run into is actually putting them together and putting up the tree.

I guess part of the blame could go to the tree that we purchased a few years ago.
I was looking for a nice slim tree that only stood about 6 or 7 feet high.

Something like this...

slim-artificial-christmas-tree-by-mountain-king.jpg

Slim and simple.

BUT, that is not what I got.

No, No I accidently picked up the box for a 10 foot bohemoth size tree!!!

Although it looks so very pretty when we finally get it put together, it nearly causes a divorce trying to get the thing out of the attic.

One phrase comes to mind, square peg, round hole.

It is like trying to cram a cream puff into a key whole getting the darn thing down.

Maybe I will just blame it on the size of our attic door.

ANYWAY, once we do finally get everything all decorated I love the way it all looks.
It gets me totally excited about the holiday season!

I think this Christmas is going to be a great one!


He really wanted to help momma with the tree:)

I made this new mantle piece from stuff I bought at Fad's and Frames...turned out pretty!
And I LOVE my stockings courtesy of Bim Kreations!

My tree looks different every year. LOVE the red this year:)


Gotta have a tree in Cohen's bedroom! He liked trying to take the chain off!

Precious:)
(I see you Oscar)

These little cinnamon ornaments turned out to be so adorable!
They make his room smell so good and will last forever...unless Oscar gets them.

Here are some pics of the process:










No comments:

Post a Comment