Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
You will never have this day with your children again. Tomorrow, they'll be a little older than they were today. This day is a gift. Breath and notice. Smell and touch them. Study their faces and little feet and pay attention. Enjoy today mamma, it will be over before you know it.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Beach Bum

A few weeks ago we took our yearly trip with Grammy and Pops to Orange Beach.
I know I always look forward to this yearly retreat because of the fun and fellowship that we get to have with my in-laws. This would include the grandparents of course, Jason, Rachel and my sweet nephew Cooper! I always love getting these two boys together. They are finally starting to actually acknowledge each other's presence!! Before they would just kinda go their own separate ways and not think much of it. But after a few days together I realized something...

these boys may be trouble!!!

I think it is safe to say the expression "Monkey see, monkey do" will definitely be used a lot between the two of them!

These boys are going to be best buddies...

I can just tell!

I had a great vacation but had a hard time enjoying myself to the fullest. 

On Wednesday of our vacation, I was unbelievable saddened by the devastation of the tornado's that swept through the southern part of our nation. I have never seen anything like that and my heart just ached for these people who had lost everything...including loved ones. It was so hard to enjoy a vacation when you know other's are enduring possibly their worst times. I think that is God's way of making me aware of just how good I have it.

It just made me all the more thankful for every day that the Lord has blessed me with and to not take anything for granite. 

(Wow...I went deep on that one...hope you had your scuba gear on!)

But, this experience helped me to enjoy the most simple part of a vacation....spending time with the ones you love!

Love


Who needs the beach when you have quality cabinets to play in??!!


Stinker!

Our little beach buddy!

Nothin' like a little snack time at the beach

Cohen would not go anywhere near the water! I mean literally terrified of it!

I sure hope he grows out of this phase:)







2 comments:

  1. LOVING the picture of you and sweet baby boy on your header! The picture named "Stinker" is just too precious. Oh...the sea and sand...can't wait to feel the cool water on my toes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the header picture! So great of you both! Aw...the beach, I'm dreaming of our first beach trip of the season. Need it!

    ReplyDelete