Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
You will never have this day with your children again. Tomorrow, they'll be a little older than they were today. This day is a gift. Breath and notice. Smell and touch them. Study their faces and little feet and pay attention. Enjoy today mamma, it will be over before you know it.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Fall Foodie: Stew

One of my fondest memories as a little girl was the time my dad and I had a day at home when I was around 5 years old.

I remember waking up to go to school.

Going into the kitchen to see my dad standing at the back door drinking his cup of coffee.

He looked at me and said, "Hows about I don't go to work today and you stay home with me?"

Oh my goodness, this was a treat!

My parents worked very hard to support our family and a day at home was not a common occurance.

We took full advantage of the day together.

We watched cartoons.

We played candy land.
(This must have been a favorite game of mine!)

And, we made my favorite meal....

Stew!

I remember it being very cold outside that day and staying inside by the fire:)

I am pretty sure this is one of my best memories with my dad and I!



So...when the weather turned cold last week, it only seemed fitting to make stew just like my dad used to!

This is not something that I have ever attempted to make before, but with many phone calls to my dad about how to make it, I think I pulled it off pretty well!!!

I served it over Mexican cornbread.

It was insanely good!

I should have doubled the recipe and frozen some for another day.

Oh well.

Next time then.


Bubbling goodness

Yumm yumm


Thanks Dad for your help...it turned out so good!



No comments:

Post a Comment