Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
You will never have this day with your children again. Tomorrow, they'll be a little older than they were today. This day is a gift. Breath and notice. Smell and touch them. Study their faces and little feet and pay attention. Enjoy today mamma, it will be over before you know it.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Fall Foodie


Summer Yummer has now been renamed...

since summer is now officially over...

to FALL FOODIE!!



Fall foods are some of the absolute best and I have lots of favorites in this category!

Unfortunately my waistline reflects how much these comfort meals I intake between now and Thanksgiving.

Well, let's just go ahead and say between now and Christmas!

Ugh, if only comfort foods were not so bad for us.

Is there such a thing as low cal casseroles or pies??

I mean, green beans are fairly healthy right?? wrapped in bacon and covered in brown sugar??

Maybe not.

So my goal for Fall Foodie is to try and make things as healthy as I can.

But let me tell ya, this is not gonna be easy.

Here is my first go at it.

And note that HALF of my plate is covered with a salad.

I should get some bonus points for that:)


Grilled Chicken Kabob with sauteed green beans and butternut squash.

This was my first time to cook butternut squash. And normally I LOVE whatever I cook...

But i DID NOT like the squash.

The texture was funky.

FUNNNNKKKYYY!

I will not be cooking it again.

Smelled good.

But tasted like paste.

ugh





No comments:

Post a Comment