Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
You will never have this day with your children again. Tomorrow, they'll be a little older than they were today. This day is a gift. Breath and notice. Smell and touch them. Study their faces and little feet and pay attention. Enjoy today mamma, it will be over before you know it.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

The coolest thing since sliced bread.....

Splash Parks!

These things are so awesome and seem to be popping up everywhere. 
They are very affordable and so much safer than a swimming pool.

The entire park is zero entry and has some of the neatest fountains! 
One of the more popular attractions in the 50 gallon bucket that fills up every 10 minutes and pours a huge waterfall onto an anxiously awaiting group of kiddos!

As bad as Cohen "thinks" he would like to sit with the other boys and girls waiting for the bucket to unleash it's furry, I know deep down that being dust rolled by 50 gallons of water might would be a little traumatic for him!

So, luckily there are plenty other fountains to hold his attention. One of them being the sprinkling rings! He loves to go through them over and over!

And as some of you may know,  my child is not the biggest fan of a swimming pool. He is like a leach that refuses to let go of me and will certainly not allow me to get his face anywhere near the water!
I have somewhat figured out though, that Cohen likes to do things on his own. And I believe he is well aware that swimming is not something he can do by himself. So, therefore he is a little scared to sit in a large body of water just wading around. 

He would much rather be able to run around and play in the sprinklers. So, you can imagine my excitement (and his) when we discovered this awesome fun place! 

As soon as we get through the gates, my little clinger immediately leaves my side to go do his own thing! I guess as he gets older this is something that I am going to have to get used to!

We are very lucky that this place is a mere 5 minutes from our house and is somewhere that we will continue to frequently visit! The squeals and the smiles are well worth it:)









The frog slide is a big hit!

Why were there no splash parks when I was growing up???!!!

The mushroom fountain!

Wait for it.......

WOW!

I'm sure these kids were less than thrilled to be bothered by my one year old, but they were tolerant! :)

He just wanted to be one of the big kids!!

Priceless!!!

Hope you all are having a WONDERFUL summer!

leslie


No comments:

Post a Comment