Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
You will never have this day with your children again. Tomorrow, they'll be a little older than they were today. This day is a gift. Breath and notice. Smell and touch them. Study their faces and little feet and pay attention. Enjoy today mamma, it will be over before you know it.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Summer Yummer!

Summer Yummer What's for Supper??


I absolutely LOVE the smell of fresh okra! Some may think this is weird but it just reminds me of my grandmother when she would cook okra and I got to help her! 



Putting up peas is something that I have never done on my own before. I used to help peel the peas when I was younger but I never had to blanch them myself. But I quickly learned the other night that there was not much to it!
Now we have fresh peas for any time of year!



I put away two bags of pink eye purple hulls, one bag of lady peas, one bag of butter beans and three bags of okra!


This was the prep work for last nights supper. My mamaw Mert used to cook me squash and onions as a kid! Let's hope I can make mine half as good as hers!



I also LOVE the smell of fresh shucked corn on the cob. When I was a little girl, I had to help my babysitter peel corn to make cream corn. And something about the way it smelled just stuck with me!

And just a little FYI, did you know that you don't really use cream to make cream corn?? This was a misconception of mine up until a few days ago! 

Just a bit of trivia for ya there.


ON MY GOODNESS THESE WERE FINE!!! Fried green tomatoes!
Making these was a first for me and they turned out great!
Not healthy but delicious!



So Cohen got corn on the cob, baked chicken and squash with! He also had his fruit but we had to put it on the side!

No comments:

Post a Comment