Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
You will never have this day with your children again. Tomorrow, they'll be a little older than they were today. This day is a gift. Breath and notice. Smell and touch them. Study their faces and little feet and pay attention. Enjoy today mamma, it will be over before you know it.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Just keeps getting better...

It has been two weeks since Cohen come into our lives and let me just say it has been a wonderful experience!! But with a few little bumps in the road on the way.  Let me elaborate...

First of all, I want everybody to know that Similac formula almost caused me to have an emotional breakdown. It was given to us by the hospital and we unwittingly assumed that because they gave it to us that it was probably the best kind to use. Wrong!!! I have never seen a child have so much tummy trouble and scream so much because of it. Each night around eight o'clock Cohen would begin a colic like screaming fit that would last at least an hour to and hour and a half. This consisted of clenching his fists, grunting, turning bright red all over making him resemble a strawberry, and crying uncontrollably. The first thought that cam to my mind was "Oh lord my child has colic!" This was of course my worst nightmare especially after hearing other peoples horror stories. 

So for three nights in a row Tyler and I would take turns trying to sooth Cohen in any way that we could. Of course every time I tried Cohen and I both ended up crying!

After three nights of this I decided that it had to have something to do with his formula. So, I called his pediatrician and he suggested switching to Infamil gentle ease.  The next night around eight o'clock Tyler and I held our breath just waiting on the screaming fit to begin. To our surprise there was no fit and no gassy tummy!!! We were so excited you would have thought we won  the lottery! 

It has been three days on the new formula and so far so good!! Our prayers were answered and we pray that the Lord continues to bless our child!




No comments:

Post a Comment